Charlton Listed Buildings Cherry Orchard Cottage, Lavender Cottage and Walnut Cottage make up a group of three 17th century timber framed cottages located on Top Street. The church of St. John The Evangelist, in Ryden Lane. Originally an old stone barn, converted and adopted as a church in 1872. The stump of the former west bellcote can be seen above the current round clock, however, it was removed in 1998 during restoration work as the weight was forcing the supporting walls apart. This c.17th/18th century stone gabled dovecote with lantern once formed part of the outbuildings of Charlton House, which itself was demolished in the early 1970s, after many years of neglect. Church Cottages – a pair of 17th century timber framed thatched cottages situated opposite to St John The Evangelist church in Ryden Lane. This 17th century timber framed house, situated at the south-eastern corner of the village green, served as the village post office and sweet shop until the mid-1990s. It has a half hipped gable end, more typical of timber framed houses in the Wealden area of south-east England. The building now incorporates 2 separate dwellings. Garden Cottage is a small 17th century timber frame and plaster cottage located on The Strand, opposite to the village green. Yew Tree Cottage is an early 17th century half timbered cottage located on The Strand, opposite to the village green. It is thought to have originally been a farm house with adjacent barns and rickyard. There is a priest hole in the loft.